Contact the Civil Divsion
Hours of Operations: Monday-Friday, Excluding Holidays - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The office is closed for lunch between 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Bingham County Sheriff
Attn: Civil Division
501 N Maple #405
Phone: (208) 782-3042
Facsimile: (208) 782-3048
For Civil process servings to be served please be sure to include:
1. All documents must be accompanied by a letter of instruction, signed and dated by the attorney of record or the plaintiff if there is no attorney. The instructions must include who is to be served and location where service is to be made. You may provide more than 1 address as long as all addresses are located within Bingham County.
2. The original paper to be served (writs of execution especially)
3. Appropriate numbers of copies of the paper to be served.
4. A check payable to the Bingham County Sheriff's Office for $42.00 or fee indicated in the fee schedule located here.
5. A self addressed stamped envelope for writs of execution addressed to the defendant.
6. Writs of Execution involving a bank garnishment, check for $5.00 made payable to the financial institution where documents will be served.
Our office strives to assist with information pertaining to procedural questions in regards to the civil paper process, but we can not provide legal advise. If assistance is needed with a legal situation, an attorney will need to be contacted.